Monday 2 February 2009

THIS WEEK EVERYONE’S TALKING ABOUT… KELLY ROWLAND PARTS WAYS WITH MATHEW KNOWLES (B’S DAD!)

Hooray!!! She’s done it! I know you all hear me. Ms Kelly as per the title of her latest album announced in a joint statement with Mathew Knowles this week the two are severing their working relationship. Well it’s about time is all I can say!

Knowles as we all know is Beyoncé's father and manages her, in addition to her sister Solange, and Destiny's Child. Now I understand Mr Knowles wants the best for his children, starting with the eldest but please, for the past how many years, he’s just been quite simply, taking the piss with Kelly and Michelle. They have always been put at the back whilst Beyonce received all the leads in the songs, videos, and the ‘fiercest’ outfits. Who remembers the ‘Lose my Breathe’ video? Beyonce’s Evisu jeans outfit against Kelly’s ‘Rosie from the Rugrats’ look (she had pigtails in her hair for Pete’s sake) and Michelle look like a female pimp in that white suit combo with matching hat. There were several outfit changes in this video and Beyonce’s outfits and hair were on point, whilst the other two look like extras for the video. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not dissing Beyonce as I’m one of her biggest fans, simply for her talent and for being the D.I.V.A she is. Diva in the good sense of the word by the way, plus it’s not her fault she is so damn hot. However, I believe Kelly could be just as hot as she has the looks and can damn well sing too. Her debut album ‘Simply Deep’ sold by the bucket loads and I believe she can be just as successful as Beyonce if given the opportunity to. I mean, how come Beyonce got to release ‘Crazy in Love’? This tune was a great single, with all the killer trumpet hook pounding out, whilst wearing the sexy pink/purple dress and the most ‘sick’ (meaning wicked), panties and fur combo I’ve ever seen, whilst shimmering her ‘baby oiled’ greased body on Jay Z (the hottest rapper in the game). Then there’s Kelly, who gets the club banger ‘Dilemma’ with Nelly (the rapper who did the duet with country and western star Tim McGraw who wears a plaster on his face). As if that wasn’t enough, she’s wearing some ‘off-key’ clothes throughout the video with the GHETTO-EST shoes I’ve ever seen in my life and let’s not talk about the red hair. Why? See below if you chose to permanently erase this look from your memory those few years ago… just plain OUT OF ORDER if you ask me.


I’ve been lucky enough to have been present on a photo shoot for Ms Rowland sometime last year and when I say this woman oozes sex appeal, I ain’t lying. It’s so natural to her without being contrived its unreal; I’ve not seen anything like it before. When I first arrived on set, she had no make up on and she looked a million dollars. When the shoot started she started posing for the camera and it was like ‘ca bam!’ She was on fire. I was in awe, not because she’s famous, but because of how she was working it so effortlessly. So ladies, when I say without a shadow of a doubt that Kelly Rowland CAN produce a video looking as hot as Beyonce did in “Singles Ladies” with the success to match, you best believe.

No comments: