Friday 8 May 2009

TREND WATCH: MINI SKIRTS

As you get older, you realised there are some things you’re no longer able to ‘rock’ like you did back in the day. The piece of clothing this rule applies to me is the mini skirt. Whilst I’ve been working hard at the gym three times a week (at 7.30am I might add!), I’m no way looking like I once did at 21 years old, where I was able to wear the shortest of dresses and not look like one of those old mama’s in spangley diamante shoes teamed with a ‘busy’ unforgiving dress (with un creamed foot bottom in toe), whilst queuing outside Croydon’s clubbing hotspot The Granaries. I now have to fully vet the ‘mini’ before I step out the house in it.


So, you’ll be glad to hear there are some winning ‘mini’s’ out there, for those of you who are not as quick to pick one up as you (and me) once were. I was recently given a pink leopard print one from Primarni which my cousin who I mentioned in an earlier post, bought for me as a) it was cheap and 2) she though I’d like it, which I did. It sat in my drawer for about two months as I wasn’t too sure about how it looked each time I put it on, however the other day I was off out on a date with the boyf and decided tonight was the night to wear it. I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed every minute of wearing it.


Check it out below…


For those who are after something a bit more reserved, there are loads to choose from on the high street, from stores like American Apparel (you can pick up a slim fitting black one for £22), to ASOS and River Island. The choices are endless.


With summer slowly creeping up upon us, everyone is eager to show some leg – so do just that and get your ‘mini’ on.

No comments: