Friday 8 May 2009

FASHION NEWS: ASDA’S £4 BRA

So apparently the supermarket shopping chain Asda are to launch a range of bra’s priced at £4 to help ‘support’ (no pun intended) customers during the credit crunch. The George range, available in sizes A – F are interested to target women with ‘bigger busts’ after it was reported Marks & Spencer started to charge the ‘well endowed’ woman £2 more for their bras.

Well I’d like to ask the George team at Asda, ‘can you guarantee your low cost bras are going to hold my 34 F puppies?’ I doubt it. You see, I learnt that women who have larger breasts like moi’ can’t rely on such low cost bras, as the material used is not of ‘quality’ to keep ‘the twins’ in firmly. My younger cousin who’s still at university likes to brag about how cheap she’s able to buy her bra’s from Primarni, to the extent that she regularly flashes me her latest twin set, asking me to ‘guess how much’ she bought them for, to which she always cuts me off, by answering her own question, gladly telling me how cheap they were. I suppose she does this to tease me as she is fully aware my bra’s are not cheap as I buy them from either Rigby & Pellar, Leia or Bravisimo as no cheap brassier is holding Tom and Jerry up, let alone in.

I remember one day she decided to buy me my size (at the time) from Primarni, as she knew I longed NOT to spend £55 plus, on just ONE new bra. When she gave me the bra I thought it was relatively pretty and thanked her for it. I wore it a couple of times a week for at least one month and at the end of this time, you could see the bra was literally screaming to be released and put back on the Primarni shelves, waiting for someone who had a smaller bosom to purchase and take it home. Plus I believe I still carry scars on my shoulders from where the 1mm width straps dug into me like its life depended on it. Between you and me, I really wanted the cheap bra thing to work at the time as it obviously meant I’d have more money to spend on other stuff, but unfortunately, it was a dead dream…

So, for the ladies who do plan to take full advantage of Asda’s bra bargain, let me know how it goes, as I don’t fancy having deep pits in either side of my shoulders again.

No comments: