Tuesday 14 April 2009

THIS WEEK EVERYONE’S TALKING ABOUT… MICHELLE MANIA


“I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world” said Michelle Obama to a hundred North London schoolgirls last week. Just this sentence alone from her inspirational speech sums up why I (and probably the rest of the world who’ve gone ‘Michelle crazy’) love her. She has the ability to make things which maybe considered ‘un cool’ to some, appealing to others.

We all know what she said isn’t rocket science, but nonetheless the world and their dog continue to look up to the First Lady and I love, love, love it. I bet every mother wished their daughter was present at that North London school that day, I know I did and my little lady is only 15 months old! Who cares if she can’t understand what’s being said. I’m sure the power of the First Lady would have done something positive to boss lady.

Another reason I love Mrs Obama is that she completely blows the stereo type of ‘women who adore fashion as being as thick as two planks’ out of the water. She is an educated, intelligent woman who has enough brains to do whatever she puts her mind to. Her love for fashion is just the icing on the cake, as the way she shows her love for a ‘good designer piece’ is literally killing me. The shoes, the A-line dresses, the coats and the accessories – it has been reported by some she’s gaining herself the title of the new ‘Jackie O’.

Out of all the outfits she wore during her stay in Europe with the President, my favourite has to be the Jason Wu dress she wore with the Kors coat and Alaia belt when she stepped off Air Force One. Are we sure Ms O isn’t a movie star?

No comments: