Tuesday 14 April 2009

I’M IN NEED OF A … TRIP TO NEW CARIBBEAN RESTAURANT ‘MAHOE’


This blog is dedicated to all things I find ‘fierce’ and up until now most of the posts have been regarding fashion. Well, for this week I’ve had to switch things up a bit and include my other ‘love’ … food.


My girlfriends and I try to make sure we meet up at least once a month to catch up, cuss our men, give advice, chit chat and talk whatever nonsense we feel to. Obviously, we like to enjoy ourselves whilst together, so we always try to make sure we do it somewhere we can enjoy some good food, none of this salad nonsense … after all it is dinner.


Anyhow, when my friend FS suggested we try out a new Caribbean restaurant in St Paul’s me and the rest of the girls were of the mindset that we wouldn’t eat anything earlier in the day, as we didn’t want to jeopardise clogging up space in our stomachs with nonsense ‘day food’ especially when it could be replenished with some ‘real wicked’ food.


So, I’ll get straight into this post… the food served in Mahoe is so, delicious, scrumptious, tasty, wicked… think of any word which best describes your favourite dish and it will sum up this restaurant. When they brought out our starters which were one of the many platters they offer (meat, mixed and plantation platters), I couldn’t hide the excitement on my face. When I ate the food, it confirmed why I was so excited in the first place. Mahoe is a definite ‘must go’ eatery, especially if you’re someone who wants an alternative to the well known Mr Jerk, W1 now named ‘Savannah Jerk’.


For those who like to get their money’s worth, Mahoe do an ‘all you can eat’ buffet the first Sunday of each month for £15, so if you’re a true foodie, no doubt I’ll see you down there, as I only plan to cook three Sunday’s per month from now on.


Mahoe Café-Bar, Bow Lane (off Queen Victoria Street), nearest station St Pauls. http://www.mahoecafe.com/ / 020 7489 9895

No comments: