Tuesday 14 April 2009

I’VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU…SHINGAI SHONIWA


Shingai Shoniwa (pronounced Shee-ng-eye) born of British and Zimbabwean descent is the lead singer for UK Indie band the Noisettes. (I can hear my Zimbabwean friend TM saying ‘braaap, braaap’ as I type!)


The three piece band hit mainstream after one of their songs featured in a UK car advert. Their current single ‘Don’t upset the rhythm’ is currently No. 6 in the charts (it was No. 2 last week) and has been reported to be in the style of old school disco heads ‘Earth, Wind and Fire’.
Shingai’s style caught my eye when I was watching their debut video, as it’s very eccentric and unique. She looks great with her ever changing afro hair styles and I just seemed to be drawn in by her quirkiness as I’m sure many others are.


The Noisettes are reported to do big things this year and if their front woman’s style is anything to go by, they will do just that.

No comments: