Friday 23 January 2009

TREND WATCH: SOFT LEATHER JACKET

Jeez… if the credit crunch wasn’t biting at my wallet so fiercely, then I would have invested in several different types as there are too many on the high street right now. So many in fact, I’ve had to put a temporary ban on my weekly trips to Bluewater with Boss Lady just in case the MasterCard decides to pop out for a quick swipe.

For instance, let’s take the white studded leather jacket from Topshop. Costing £130, its biker chic and it’s a definite statement piece. It’s new for spring (I think) and I’m hoping it will be available online in the next few weeks (Well, I am but my accountants not)…as I’m not about to trek to Oxford Circus to go fight through the crowds made up of London College of Fashion students, young teenage girls and their Mum’s who have come down to London for a ‘day trip to Topshop’s flagship’ and tourists… no thanks.

Also, I’m eagerly waiting for what Reiss and All Saints have to offer on this trend, as you know anything they produce is 100% ‘hot’. A message to all ‘Fierce List retailers ‘Hurry up with the sales already. Everyone knows the stock left is rubbish as all the good stuff goes in the first few days, (if not first week) of the sales. We’re ready for the new gear’.

No comments: