Friday 5 December 2008

I’VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU… JANELLE MONAE


An American alternative, soul, rock singer, Monae is signed to Bad Boy Records, via her co-owned label, The Wondaland Arts Society.

I’m yet to hear the complete album, but from what I’ve seen and listened to, I already like her. Maybe because she’s blatantly a female version of Andre 3000; quirky and pretty like him with a unique sense of style and the ability to create some hot tunes.

I did have the appropriate details re her current releases from the record company, but seem to have misplaced them, so will update you in the week. Or you guys are free to Google her; I wanted to make sure I listed the correct releases hence why I didn’t go by what I found on the web as you can never be too sure.

To solve the problem of killing two birds with one stone, instead of posting up her latest video, I’ve included the Christmas 2008 Gap advert which includes her singing, (its something I wanted to feature somewhere on the blog anyway). Other celebrities featured in this ad include Trey Songz, Flo Rida, Sandra Bernhard and Dixie Chicks…



No comments: