Friday 19 December 2008

I’VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU… DURO OLOWU


Womenswear designer (and soon to be men’s) Duro Olowu, originally trained as a lawyer before becoming the New Designer of the Year for 2006. The British designer, whose father is Nigerian and mother Jamaican, launched his capsule collection for spring/summer 2005 and 12 months later was handed his award from Laura Bailey.

Olowu was first discovered by Vogue's Sally Singer and Julie Gilhart and is probably originally known for his stunning fluid dresses, made from vintage fabrics which he sourced from all other the world.

Now, I’m not a fan of his Spring 2009 Ready to Wear collection, (African print overkill if you ask me), however I did like some of his vintage fabric dresses from his 2008 collection. When he returns to what he does best, I’ll be happy, but for now, I’m patient enough to wait on the sidelines as I know he’ll be back.

No comments: