Thursday 20 November 2008

TREND WATCH: JUMP TO IT!



Yes, I love fashion but I wouldn’t say I’m a slave to it. I follow trends regularly and if I like them and more importantly if they suit me, then yes, I do go out and buy a few pieces to reflect it. But jump on the bang wagon ‘just because?’ No sir, not me. I think a person who has an individual style is much more of a ‘fashionista’ than someone who buys every ‘statement or investment’ piece fashion glossies like Grazia, Marie Claire and Vogue tells them. Anyhow, one trend I absolutely love, adore and have succumbed to, is that of the jumpsuit. It can be day or evening jumpsuits, either way the result is instant, full on glamour. I bought one from the Reiss SS 08 collection (image above to the left) and it’s so damn fierce that I’d happily wear it every time I’m due to go out on the razz.

Luckily for me (or though I wouldn’t care), the jumpsuit is set to be still on trend two seasons after I spent my £135 for my silk version, so happy days! You need to check out designers who have been sensible enough to include this trend in their AW 08 collections. Check the picture of the AW 08 ‘Ready to wear’ jumpsuit from Preen (far right) – it’s a keeper I tell you. Ahhh I’m in fashion heaven…. this eighties throwback is so to die for! Should you not be able to afford the Preen prices, check out Topshop who currently do two versions priced at £35 and £50.

No comments: